Jax Graphene Headlight Restoration Kit is a safe and easy way to restore faded and oxidized headlights back to “like new” condition with ease. Our headlight restoration kit will bring back to life your old faded, yellow, oxidized headlights with long-lasting protection for up to 5 years!
1) Wash the vehicle and make sure the headlight is free of any dirt/grime.
2) Tape off the area surrounding the headlight with masking tape to protect the paint from potential damage from the sanding discs hitting any painted surface during the sanding process.
3) Wear the provided gloves for the entire process moving forward.
4) Using the provided gray oxidation removal towels, pour Oxidation Remover (Step 1) onto the towel and wipe the headlight, removing the yellow/brown oxidation present on severely damaged headlights. Apply moderate pressure during the wiping process while flipping the towel to a new side as the oxidation builds up on the towel. Repeat this process until you see a noticeable difference in the condition of the headlight. You will start to see much less yellow/brown residue on the towel as you clean the surface 3-4 times.
5) Starting with one of the 1500 grit sanding discs in your kit, adhere it to the provided hand sander. Spray the sanding disc with water as well as spray the headlight down with a liberal amount of water. In straight lines start sanding the headlight with light to moderate pressure to remove the damaged material on the headlight. Make sure the headlight continues to stay wet during the entire sanding process. This process will take about 5 minutes with the 1500 grit sanding disc depending on the severity of the damage. Once a uniform sanding pattern is achieved, it is time to move on to the second sanding disc. Rinse the headlight clean and dry it off with a microfiber towel.
6) Using the same exact procedure that was used in the first step, sand the headlight with the provided 2000 grit sanding disc, also achieving a uniform sanding pattern in straight lines.
7) Lastly, complete the sanding process the same as the first two steps but finish with the provided 3000 grit sanding disc. This sanding step may take the longest (5-10 minutes) because you want the final sanding marks to be as fine as possible. Our proprietary Graphene Headlight Coating is designed to easily fill 3000 grit sanding marks.
8) Once the headlight has been wiped down and completely dried, it is time to apply the coating.
9) Apply a thick line of Graphene Headlight Coating (Step 2) to your coating applicator and wipe onto the headlight in straight lines in the same direction as your sanding marks. Ensure complete coverage on the entire headlight, paying attention to the edges and hard-to-reach areas or contours. Allow the first coat to adhere to the headlight for one minute, then apply a second coat using the same method.
The Graphene Headlight Coating comes in a 15 mL bottle. Each headlight will use about 1/4 of that bottle to ensure the correct amount of coating for lasting protection.
10) Let the Graphene Headlight Coating cure on the surface for 1-2 hours before the introduction of water and 24 hours before the headlight is washed.